Women of Power - Fortnightly Online Circle
Time & Location
About The Event
As women we often have a complicated, even ambivalent, relationship with our own power. We may have grown up conditioned to see ourselves as powerless, or believe that, in order to succeed, we have to adopt ways of acting powerful that don't feel authentic. Very few of us have a solid, steady, confidence in a balanced form of power that allows us to move between assertiveness and softness, setting a direction and being open to what comes, taking the initiative and being more responsive - all while staying relational with ourselves and those around us.
- struggle to be assertive or to set good boundaries
- long to heal a pattern of self-hate or self-criticism
- would love to feel truly at home in your body and your life, or
- want to connect more deeply with your divine feminine energy
this online circle offers a safe, welcoming environment in which you’ll be supported, challenged (gently!) and encouraged to step into your authentic power – following the wisdom of horses to understand what you really need to grow and thrive.
Circle meets on Zoom (free to download, works on every device) every second Thursday 7.30-9.00 pm
Starts 16 May 2019
Cost: $100 (incl GST) per month - includes two Zoom meetings, access to online resources, and 20% discount off workshops and 1-1 coaching sessions.
Contact Ingrid Gunby on 027 4879923 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What can horse wisdom teach us about authentic power?
Horses are powerful guides for human healing and growth. They share many of our feelings, needs, and longings, and they model ways of relating to ourselves and others that truly support wellbeing, authentic self-expression, and genuine empowerment.
Horses teach us that:
- Our bodies are a source of wisdom.
- All emotion is information, pointing us to what we need to thrive.
- Being authentic – showing up as we are, without masks and without judgement of ourself or others – creates safety and relaxation.
- No one else is responsible for “making” us feel a certain way.
- Healthy boundaries come from awareness of our needs, not from external rules and limits.
- We need each other: connection with other herd members is the foundation of wellbeing.
- What truly serves the needs of one herd member will serve the needs of all.
- “Know the yang, but keep to the yin” (Tao Te Ching): embrace the “feminine” wisdom of the prey: "emotion over intellect, intuition over reason, prey over predator, relationship over territory, cooperation over competition, process over goal, compassion over judgment" (Linda Kohanov, The Tao of Equus).
- Letting go of our stories about the past, and our anxieties about – and our need to control – the future, frees us to be present in the moment. When we are present, we can see possibilities and respond creatively and powerfully to whatever is happening.
What to expect
The group will meet every second Thursday from 7.30 to 9.00 pm, using Zoom (free to download, works on all devices), starting Thursday 16 May. Each call will involve checking in as a group using tools and processes developed through working with the horses; sharing of a new tool, resource, or key idea; and in-depth support for one or more group members.
As a participant in this online circle, you will experience the transformative power of receiving deep empathic accompaniment for your experience, and learn how to put horse wisdom into action in your own life. You will also receive access to online resources that will support your growth and learning.
The group will have a maximum of 8 people. To create a safe and trusting environment it is important that everyone commits to attending all group meetings, unless there is an unavoidable reason for absence.
The monthly payments of $100 (incl GST) are payable in advance and are due on the first of the month (May-December). You can pay by internet banking, credit card, or PayPal.
I first met Ingrid in 2014 and was drawn to her sense of sincerity and integrity. Since then I have been able to work with her on my own journey and trained with her in The Healing Herd program.
Ingrid lives what she teaches; her own authenticity and congruency allow her to work with the horses to hold a gentle but strong space which allows people to feel supported. To me a true teacher or healer offers the tools and the space needed for a person to find their own way and become the master of their own destiny… this is what Ingrid, the horses and the work have offered to me, truly life-changing.
- Monique Robinson, Keysbrook, Western Australia
- Women of Power Registration$800$8000$0